Join now - be part of our community!

Lack of build quality on MDR-1000X

profile.country.GB.title
SteveJWC
Explorer

Lack of build quality on MDR-1000X

Hello all,

I bought my MDR-1000X in April, and have enjoyed using them, and I use them every day for at work in a busy office.

I'm not overly aggressive with them, and place them back in the case after every day of use, but the plastic by the earpiece has degraded on one side, and totally snapped on the other. My friends use Bose 35 headsets, and have had them for longer than me, and they do not appear to suffer the same fate. I was wondering if A - anyone else had experienced this? or B - is this covered under warranty? As far as I'm concerned, a product that was bought for £300 should be able to be used every day without essentially falling apart after 6 months!

Happy to attach photo's as evidence.

Thanks,

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

Hello Steve,

I have flagged up your issue to our Support team and will get back to you as soon as we hear anything. Meanwhile, feel free to attach some photos of the damage.

Best wishes,

Agnieszka_J

profile.country.GB.title
SteveJWC
Explorer

Have we got any further on this?? Has been a while and I still haven't heard a response.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveJWC
Explorer

20171106_121751.jpgBust 2.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

This show that some pressure were applied, maybe you were wearing them to tight?

You should return it tp your dealer and see what he can do. I use mine everyday since Fébruary and so far no issue..(yet?)

profile.country.GB.title
SteveJWC
Explorer

I've responded to the support mail that was sent to me, and I have it two notches from the shortest setting (where you put it in its case) so I don't think I was wearing it that tight. Also I found this was where the noise cancelling worked the best.

Thanks for the reply though!

karolifi
New

Hi,

I have the exact same issue! Did you find out if it would be covered by the warranty?

profile.country.GB.title
SteveJWC
Explorer

Yep, I did find out the response, and they basically tell you to go and do one. They said they will cover "Some" of the cost to get it repaired, but I would assume it's a tiny amount in comparison to the amount paid originally for the headset. I ended up fixing it myself with superglue + Black electrical tape, and I'm also never buying Sony products again!