Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

SOLVED
fivesecondmove
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

I did diagnostics on Z3 compact but gps failed. Followed the instruction but nothing happened. Fix this sony.
125 REPLIES 125
ertassr
Visitor

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. GPS can not locate satellites.

We miss the old Sony products. Rugged ones .. Slightly_frowning_Face

Titom
Visitor

Thank you finally for this update ! 6.0.1 makes work the GPS without any problem ! Thank you for this ! But answers on this forum would have been appreciated... My Sony phone is back
JPAkuma
Visitor

Hi, I am from Portugal and bought my Xperia X3 Compact on March 2015.

GPS was working fine until the latest Android 5.1 update. Now, even after the two updates to Android 6.0.1, GPS is still not working. I have done everything possible that is refered on this post (factory reset via PC Companion) and it's still not working.

I delivered my phone to be fixed or replaced on warranty (DataFax is the offical service for Sony in Portugal as it seems) and it was rejected because of small bump on top of the phone. They didn't even looked at the problem, just charged me 140€ to repair the phone cover....ridiculous.

I am trully disapointed with Sony. I am a client for over 30 years (since I was born), and I am sad that this is happening. My faith in your products and customer service has dropped to zero!!

Titom
Visitor

I thought my problem was over but still impossible to use the GPS after these 2 android update... Sony I hate you so much ! Be sure that you are losing so many clients for letting us done without any client services
mariossev
Visitor

Thank you very much. That solved my problem. Thaaaanks!

mariossev
Visitor

.. GPS worked after i deactivated google maps!

Titom
Visitor

Deactivate doesn't work for me... Still looking for GPS signal... Sony !!! Come on please do something !!!
sieurwilly69
Visitor

I have been experiencing the same experience as well, although I have purged the assistance data.

I have called the Orange assistance that is requesting 125€ because of a shock on a rear window that I am not asking for repair.

So no reliable Waze, Google Map, Runkeeper, Blabla Car...Sony we need an urgent reaction !

Titom
Visitor

Still nothing from Sony... Is it a real Sony mobile forum ?!
Sony you have the worst customer relationship ever. This phone z3 compact is worst than all my phone orders phone... No GPS... For a phone which always repaired by you !!!! A shame !!! I hope you are losing clients everyday because of me !
Phantasm
Visitor

Add me to the list of failed GPS units on a Z3C.  It's been down pretty much since the last android update to 6.0.1.  I even tried buying an external GPS attenae (GlobalSat nd-105c) micro USB attachment device. The new Android software doesn't play ball with the App and won't turn off 'allow mock locations' sufficiently to let the app run. So, I couldn't come up with a good work around.

Might have to look in to a Bluetooth receiver instead, but honestly, the phone should just work!!!   It used to be great. My wife's z3c is fine. I suspect we are experiencing a loose hardware connection inside, perhaps due to a drop, but I'm not that hard on my phone and it shouldn't be that sensitive if that is the case.

Sony, where is the GPS antennae in the phone? is it something serviceable?