Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

SOLVED
fivesecondmove
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

I did diagnostics on Z3 compact but gps failed. Followed the instruction but nothing happened. Fix this sony.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

The GPS test can fail if you for example are located in a building where objects are surrounding you. Have you tried the GPS test outside? You can also take a look at the following FAQ-topic for some tips:
/t5/FAQ/GPS/m-p/351902

View solution in original post

125 REPLIES 125
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

The GPS test can fail if you for example are located in a building where objects are surrounding you. Have you tried the GPS test outside? You can also take a look at the following FAQ-topic for some tips:
/t5/FAQ/GPS/m-p/351902

Jodi
Visitor

Hi,

I have researched this numerous times and tried everything suggested that I could find.....
My GPS on my Z3 Compact used to work. Now the diagnostic gps test just says failed all the time. My GPS will place me sometimes if I am still but it losses it as soon as I move therefore making it useless.
I use my phone a lot for satnav and tracking running so for it now not to work is really annoying.
I've read people saying it's a software problem, my phone has since updated yet it's still not fixed.
When can we expect this problem to be resolved?
I've put my sim card in my old xperia Z and the gps is fine so it's definitely the phone.

Any advise welcome!
Thanks!
Tags (1)
Jodi
Visitor

I have gone outside, walked around, checked settings, and my phone is up date. Like I said i tested on old phone and it found me instantly and found routes so it's definitely this phone.
GregRell
Visitor

I am floored by the official SONY forum response to this.  My Z3 Compact is exhibiting the same problems as stated in all the GPS issue threads on this site. While looking to see if others have received a solution or fix to this problem I stumble across your incredibly banal and unhelpful post that is so deflective in nature that I had to respond.  Do you think we are idiots? We're having GPS problems with our phone, we're calling support lines, posting on these forums, and sharing information with eachother. If somebody has done enough detective work into this issue that they're checking the GPS diagnostics in the troubleshooting backdoor of this device do you REALLY think they would be so stupid to be doing it indoors? This is infuriating!

SONY WAKE UP! FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM! We have spent incredible amounts of money on this overpriced device and expect support! This is NOT a new issue!

Sold my PS4 because it was junk, and now about to throw this device out because it is junk as well.  With support like this what do you expect?! What happened to this company? When did you become the low end of the retail electronics market?

Hampus
Champion

@Jodi, Have you also tried a software repair via PC Companion? This will reinstall the latest software available for your phone. When the software repair is done, I suggest that you wait to install applications/restore backups to see if same behaviour appear.

@GregRell, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. The FAQ topic (regarding GPS) that I've mentioned in my previous post, covers the most parts regarding GPS. If you have tried those steps and also a software repair via PC Companion, I suggest that you have your phone examined by a technician at an authorized service center. You can contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

Jodi
Visitor

Hi I have tried this software repair feature and it doesn't fix the problem. I have read elsewhere of people trying this and it not working. People have sent their phones away and it still isn't solved which to me says it's the software not the actual phone.
sergio-bo
Visitor

After FIX from SONY my z3 compact GPS work fine but reset the entire phone for a stupid software bug is not a good solution  

sergio-bo
Visitor

Again gps is offline  Slightly_frowning_Face

Anad now , Reset ?

zoffob
Visitor

Hello PLS are there any plans that you will fix this problem with GPS with some update? For example like in M2 model?

Searching SONY for the problem? Because I did everything acoording to SONY advices but GPS still not functional.

Thank You