Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

SOLVED
fivesecondmove
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

I did diagnostics on Z3 compact but gps failed. Followed the instruction but nothing happened. Fix this sony.
125 REPLIES 125
ChrisdCB
Visitor

This is really not a solution - and the problem is still there.  The fix is to reset Google Maps to the factory version and turn off auto-update.  The later versions of Google Maps are incompatible with the Z3C.

dquilon
Contributor

@ChrisdCB

1. In my case, the GPS refuse to work even after downgrading Google Maps.

Note the "0/22" that means zero satellite fixed out of 22 in sight... This was my biggest disappointment after upgrading from KitKat. I hope Sony get their krap together because there have been many letdowns recently 

Screenshot_20160806-205501.png

guilLou
Visitor

It fixed my gps issue too !

Thanks for sharing !

dejjan81
Visitor

Don't work for me....
Offspin85
Visitor

GPS not working, I have tried everything. Diagnostic test/Restarting/safe mode/*#*#1472365#*#* – Used for a quick GPS test. Downloading numerous GPS fix apps. I have a Chromebook so the Sony Companion isn't compatible.

NOTHING WORKS

Ercca
Visitor

Just had the new update and gps is still useless.
cahevape
Visitor

Works for me...Try to force the micro usb connector up and down with GPS test open until get 3D fix... looks like its some bad contact on board with the GPS antenna.

Offspin85
Visitor

Wriggling a USB cable has helped me.
Offspin85
Visitor

But then it lost gps signal
Erik_R
Visitor

My Z3C started losing gps lock a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't find the gps at all anymore.

Wiggling the usb cable helps for at short while (minutes/hours).

Seems like bad build quality to me.

I doubt I'll buy a Sony phone again.