Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

SOLVED
fivesecondmove
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

I did diagnostics on Z3 compact but gps failed. Followed the instruction but nothing happened. Fix this sony.
125 REPLIES 125
Luukie_Boy
Visitor

And wow, just go to this forum's 'tag' page and scroll to top tagged posts.. Literally every top tagged post is about GPS. Yeah, keep denying it SONY...

Dwanej13
Visitor

I have tried every solution, there is clearly a software issue that needs to be sorted every Z3 compact owner I know has the issue, as well as all over the Internet there are complaints every where.
Attalia
Visitor

Hi, this happened to me some time ago while using the Google Maps, GPS is not working anymore. Searched the web, tried most of the solutions based on software, no fixing. Remember seeing some guys saying it is a hardware problem and one guy's advise about wiggle the charging point area. What I do is open the side lid and move/press the charge socket with my finger towards the front screen side and GPS starts working after a couple of seconds. Tried this solution many times and checked it with GPS Test application, it works. I guess there is loose contact somewhere inside which you can fix it temporary by moving charging point area. Yes, it is a temporary solution, everytime you need the GPS you have to open the side lid and push it but it is better than having no GPS.

The permanent solution will be changing the motherboard maybe but you have to first find an authorised service to accept the fault and fix it under warranty, which I belive is not easy Slightly_smiling_Face

Jp_JulianPapito
Visitor

Hi guys, I have recently updated my phone to 5.1 from 4.4 (2 weeks ago to be exact, and yes I know, I hadn't done any updates in over a year but anyway). I noticed straight away my gps stopped working as it is intended to and as it was was working 2 weeks ago, (now no gps fix, it's all glitchy and very inaccurate, it only finds my location when I am not moving and only at certain places, etc). I tried fixing it every way possible, (gps diagnostic test. gps fix apps, double checking my settings, factory resetting the phone, resetting the phone with the PC Companion and now I have just got it back from Sony technicians). THE GPS IS STILL NOT WORKING, so I'm sure this is a software issue. I read the whole thread and a couple other forums as I thought I was the only one having this issue but it seems like I'm not.
Now Sony, what is going to be my next option? (since it seems like I don't have any left).
I am a hardcore fan of Sony but this is seriously annoying me and infuriating me and i feel like throwing it all out and go with a different company, one that respects customer values and truly care about their products.
Hopefully I'll have an answer, just like everybody else in this forum.
If this doesn't work then we'll need to make ourselves heard and perhaps media/social media coverage will help us out since we keep getting the same "copy and paste link" by your so called "customer service workers"
Cheers.
covfantrebor
Visitor

hi i have been having the problem with my z3 compact but my partner has the same phone and is full updated and her gps work fine so why is this only happening to some phones i wonder, the build quitly seems to have now gone  poor! did the rush to build them so to keep up with others? always had and ericsson phone and keep with them when the merged into sonyericsson and now just sony sorry to say but they seem to have gone down hill since just being sony! have tried 99% of suggestions that i have seen on the forum and web but doesn't seem to work maybe time to become one of the mindless drones and get an iphone!!!!!!!!!

dejjan81
Visitor

After update my gps can't connect with any satellite, my sony see many satellite but can't connect,  help.... 😞 

Titom
Visitor

Please Sony !!! Do something for us !!! We can't you use our phones !!!
dkt222
Visitor

Like so many other people on this forum I am experiencing severe GPS problems with my Z3 compact, which make the satnav unusable. This has been a problem for a long time and is very widespread. Most, if not all users say that the GPS was working but stopped after an upgrade, and this is my experience too. It is obviously not a problem with individual devices needing fixing but a software issue. There has been so little effort from Sony to fix the problem that you can only conclude that they do not wish to spend time/money on this kind of support.

For this summer I have had to buy another phone (Galaxy Note 4) through GiffGaff to use Google maps satnav. I have always loved Sony (I have the Z4 tablet, a previous Z phone and two sony bluetooth speakers) but in addition to the GPS issue I'm also disappointed with the latest phone offering (Xperia X), so I will be moving to another make when I upgrade. Shame because I like Sony, but the quality has become too poor to continue.

Tags (1)
ulrikmoe
Visitor

I have had this issue for several months and it is, without a doubt, a software issue. Sony's failure to address this issue is grotesque.

userqqweewr
Visitor

Same Problem here since update. Some times no gps at all. Mostly it hangs once a while for a minute. Often after I cross a country boarder gps stops working.
Navigation is this way. Missed the turn a lot.
SONY this is frustrating!