Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

SOLVED
fivesecondmove
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Compact GPS Not Working

I did diagnostics on Z3 compact but gps failed. Followed the instruction but nothing happened. Fix this sony.
125 REPLIES 125
dejjan81
Visitor

I mean after update on marshmallow gps not work, is there any solution for this is a big problem for Sony???.
CBGZ3C
Visitor

Can you please give us a real fix. I have tried this with both lolipop and marshmallow - not a fix. Have you tested it? My next move is to post about this on my facebook and twitter and recommend people buy Xiaomi instead. 

Peteris
Visitor

I have the also the same- gps not works offline. Even after reinstall a new fresh 6.0.1 vesion nothig change.
jboyj
Visitor

My z3 compact has no GPS at all, total nightmare. It is so annoying especially the lack if interest from Sony. Try companion which didn't even let me diagnose, error message. Or send it in? How about a fix?
Yury82
Visitor

I have the same issue on z3 compact. After last update on android 6.0.1 gps cant fix and so it impossible to use gps.
Sony support do nothing. Every time we need bring phone to service center,and after it got clear phone and reinstall everything.Its good for one time,but problems occurs too often.
I suppose that sony must issue urgent patch and fix it. It they dont,lets start campaing telling about problems in premium phones that sony didnt want to solve. Today I never recommend to anyone buy sony phones, because lack of support.
As i found on android dev forum, there a way to manually change gps config,but you need to have root. I dont want to loose warranty after rooting, but as i understand its only way to fix it.

Sony wake up, or any xiaomi phone match better today then you,if you cant fiz this bug.
Kvdw
Visitor

I have Sony Xperia z3 compact as well and GPS Has Never functioned correctly. Tried lots off different apps but not able to track My routes. Sometimes it tracks a couple of meters and that s it. What can i do to fix this?
neiljcs
Visitor

mine has also been cr*p - initally thought it was due to smartwatch connectivity but alas no GPS was still broken..

found this online:

http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/498-sony-xperia-z3-gps-does-not-work-properly-...

have fixed it, does occasionaly need reseting but a good fix until Sony sort a patch

Tom971
Visitor

same problem !

It's a shame! even my old phone 8 years ago could use GPS ...

It's over SONY for me for all my friend !

Why not fixing the problem quickly SONY ?!!!!

Altano87
Visitor

I have same problem. Please update with some bug fixes. Its not ok Sony. Otherwise, Samsung next time.
Luukie_Boy
Visitor

Same thing here. GPS test tells me it can see 22 satellites but can't get a fix. I've:

• Cleaned the AGPS.
  • Checked every setting there is.
  • Purged the data in the settings menu.
  • Used PC companion to reset my entire phone (thanks for that one, took me forever to get everything back installed).

And nothing worked.All I see here is the same copy/paste reply from SONY, that basically translates into "f*ck you, we've got you money, now we don't care about you anymore". I wished SONY would just write that. At least then they're being honest. At least then, there would be clarity where we stand as SONY customers. There's been countless reports by people taking back their Z3 compact to a SONY repair center without having their unit fixed. There are even reports on people getting a brand new unit that had the same problem out of the box.

It's so obvious there's a problem at your end SONY. And it's so obvious you just don't care. In the olden days, you had a product line called "My first SONY". I think you just rebranded you entire range to "My LAST SONY". Thanks for nothing.

Tags (3)