Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FE11S touchpad question (inlc small review)

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Vaio FE11S touchpad question (inlc small review)

Hi, i just recently got the FE11S. It is my first Sony laptop, and I like it very much. It's fast, quiet, good preformance, huge harddisk (for a loptop). I compared it with the previous FS version.

First thing I ran into was the Bluetooth wich was not switched on. If you are a new user you will have a hard time finding the "switch" wich is not a switch...after 1 hour I finally found it in vaio controll center...very annoying....:smileycry:

3 things I don't like about it, I might find more the coming days:
1. The bad position of the touchpad and button (way to low).
2. The SD card reader you can put it into your slot wich to my disappiontment is sticking out a bit...
3. The Screen can't be opened as far like the FS version

My question:
In my mousepad settings I would like to adjust the sensebility of the touchpad. To my dissappiontment I can't find the option. Is there a way I can adjust it....?

12 REPLIES 12
Carelino
Visitor

Thank you for your fast reply.

I know I can adjust settings but I can't find the option to change the sensebility of the mouse. I think my touchpad driver does not support it. I hoped it was possible to find an update of my touchpad driver, but I can't find one either.

It would be very strange if this option is not included. It's forcing people to work in a certain way with the touchpad. Not everybody puts the same pressure on the touchpad... In my previous laptop I had that option.

If anybody knows how I can get or where this option is hidden I would be most gratefull.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Carelino,

Welcome to Club Vaio,:smileyhappy:

You should be able to adjust the touch pad settings in either Start > Control Panel > Mouse, or Start > All programs > Vaio Control center >List (tab) > mouse.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I do not think that you can adjust the sensibility, what problems are you actually having:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The sensitivity of my Synaptics touchpad is adjusted on the Motion tab of mouse properties (accessed by double clicking the system tray touchpad icon)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Carelino
Visitor

The FE11S does not have a Synaptics touchpad but a Alps touchpad driver...at least you know what I mean....

Thalamus my problem is that I can't get the touchpad to work they way I want it to work. It is not sensitive enough...on my previous laptop I could change this very easily like Rich912 said. But now I don't have a Synaptis touchpad (driver). I also think it is not possible, but you never know what is possible..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The FE11S does not have a Synaptics touchpad but a Alps touchpad driver...at least you know what I mean....

Thalamus my problem is that I can't get the touchpad to work they way I want it to work. It is not sensitive enough...on my previous laptop I could change this very easily like Rich912 said. But now I don't have a Synaptis touchpad (driver). I also think it is not possible, but you never know what is possible..

Carelino,

I to have the Alps touchpad driver, sorry I did not know what you meant.:smileyhappy:

William
Visitor

Its a while since I did it but I resolved the same problem on my TR5MP by downloading a newer driver than the one preinstalled.

Rob published a link in response to a similar issue recently but I can't find it.

Did find the file though:

TOSHIBA

Its a few lines down in the list and is Version 6.0.304.6.

goliath0011
Visitor

I also bought the FE11-S modell recently. looking good.

i was wondering why we cant have forums and discussions sorted my Notebook models. It is such a pain to go through every thread to see which was in regards to my own modell.

I think that would make every Sony user much happier. What do you say Vaio Master?

furthermore, why cant i follow all threads i have responded to in my forum section? how can i follow up on the discussions I have participated?

I would really appreciate a reply.

Otherwise I am very happy about the FE11-S, except one thing.
In regards to Norton Ghost. Every time I switch the notebook one, I get an automatic start-up for Norton ghost telling me to sth and to browse for an link. However, the system cant find it?
please what on earth is this all about??

Carelino
Visitor

Your problem with Norton Ghost is that you have a demo on it. You will have to pay for it to use it. If you don't want to use it and pay for it go to ad/remove and remove the program