Join now - be part of our community!

XT3 and x9305 sound issues

Odishon
New

XT3 and x9305 sound issues

I use have an HT-XT3 and a 65X9305C connected. As it is the latest machine I connect it via the HDMI/ARC connection.

But I have some serious issues. When I want to push out TV sound - e.g from Netflix or from App like youtube or video - I get very often silence. I hear the system sounds but the soundbox is silent.

I turn XT3 off and the TV moves over to the TV-speakers, I restart it and it tells the TV it is active and stays silent. I could understand there is something wrong if this was 100% of the times but it is not always but often it happens.

Earlier today I played via the youtube app and had no sound issues. Then later today - it is silence. When I start the apps, the soundbar moves incoming signal from my HDMI port 2 (cable box) over to TV so there are some form of communicaiton between them. But no sound.

Any ideas? I have no idea how the *** I even can begin to test - since it is intermittent only.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, my only advice is to try another HDMI cable.  Also, try separating the HDMI cables away from the power cables as far as possible.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
elmokersley
New

I have the same problem with the HT-XT3 only with KD-55SD8505 Bravia Television.

Every now and then, the sound base doesn't have any sound when on TV mode. It doesn't always happen but appears to be after using netflix.

I have restored to factory settings with the sound base but the problem comes up again perhaps a week later. Also on latest software update.

Have tried a hard reset at the power and also tried numerous HDMI cables via ARC ports on both devices.

All settings are set as instructed in the manuals. I'm at a loss now.

Help anyone please!