Join now - be part of our community!

HTX-1 Bluetooth playback stutters when surfing internet at same time

JOCSony
New

HTX-1 Bluetooth playback stutters when surfing internet at same time

Hi,

I have an HTX-1 soundbar that is HDMI connected to my Sony TV and has no problems when carrying the sound.  I have a desktop PC which is connected to the same internet hub as the TV and HTX-1 via a cable (just as the TV and the HTX1 are).  However, when the computer is playing audio playback, such as an MP3 through the HTX1 it is connected via a bluetooth connection and the HTX1 shows Blue tooth audio.  (At this point in time the TV will be switched off).   The Bluetooth audio playback from the HTX1 is faultless until I do more than query Google over the internet.  If I go to a website like a newspaper website, or the BBC etc. the Bluetooth playback really suffers terribly - stuttering and breaking up until said website has loaded - the websites don't usually have their own sounds.  I find this odd because surely the bluetooth playback is using different systems to the internet searching and yet one completely affects the other.

The desktop is a HP Pavillion running Windows 8 Home Pro and is connected to the hub via a cat 5.  I also get stuttering when playing back from a HP Pavillion laptop (same OS) if I am websurfing, that is Wifi connected to the hub.  If anyone has any suggestions this would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding is that you are sending audio via bluetooth from your PC to the HT-XT1?  However when you browse the internet at the same time, the playback of audio is stuttering until the website has loaded?

A couple of things:

• Ensure that the bluetooth/network drivers on your PC are up-to date
  • As a test, can you try sending audio via bluetooth from a mobile phone or tablet (instead of the PC). 
  • Is your PC far away from the HT-XT1?  (i.e. 6-10 meters etc)  what happens if you move the PC closer?
  • Try using STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) network cable, instead of UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair - most common) - no longer expensive, this is to rule out some type of interferrence - A long shot to be honest.
  • Is your PC adequate enough in terms of CPU/RAM etc
  • Give your PC a good 'health check' and clean up

Cheers

JOCSony
New

Hi

Many thanks for the reply and suggestions.  Your assessment  is correct.   Some of your suggestions are easier to try than others.

Interestingly all seems fine when I blue tooth the Samsung S7 mobile to it and play music and surf the internet at the same time.

The PC is about 2 metres from the soundbar.  It is difficult to move it closer as they both rather fixed where they stand, but it is my understanding that 2 metres should be quite possible unless there is a 3ft lead wall between the items when all there that is there is real wood furniture, not even MDF with all its resin.

Different network cable - between the PC and the router?  In an attempt that the cable signal does not disruot the internet, yes?  I don't know if I've got one of those - I'll rummage in the cable box upstairs I may have one that looks sort of bound with a metallic weaving which might be one of those, but it requires moving furniture and a big effort to change it which I'd rather avoid unless you really think it is the issue.

I think the PC should be adequate enough - Its an intel Core i7, 3.6GHz; 32GB RAM, 64 bit Windows 8 Home Pro, x64 based processor, with 2.4 TB free disk space - by my reckoning it should fly - yes?  It has housekeeping performed regularly.

Any more ideas/suggestions would be welcomed

JOCSony
New

Oh, yes, and I checked all the bluetooth drivers, the system told me that all the installed drivers were already the most up to date ones.

JOCSony
New

I'm bad - its not windows 8, its windows 8.1 Home Pro, if that might make a difference