Join now - be part of our community!

DOLBY ATMOS ? - Yes Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

DOLBY ATMOS ? - Yes Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the news recently some manufacturers (Denon, Onkyo & Pioneer) have hinted at upgrading some of their existing AV/Amplifiers via a firmware update to support Dolby Atmos. Will Sony follow suit and offer this feature to existing customers also?

I for one would love to have this feature added to my STR-DN1040 and no doubt users of the 1050 model also. Having just recently purchased my AV / Receiver the prospect of having to sell it in favour of a Dolby Atmos enabled unit from another manufacturer is not a viable solution, I love my STR-DN1040 and I would hope it will give me many years of pleasure. Now that Dolby Atmos is available though I'm going to feel pretty sick I bought it when I did.

The addition of Dolby Atmos on existing products would also be a great PR exercise and may win back the hearts of those Sony customers who've lost faith in this company recently.

There's an interesting article here which discusses this in more detail together with Model Numbers destined for an upgrade: Onkyo and Denon break cover with Dolby Atmos AV Receivers

Please register your support in this thread if Dolby Atmos is of interest to you, if enough of us show our interest maybe, just maybe Sony will consider this request.

Thank you ! :thumbsup:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you can afford it:

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/receivers/STR-ZA5000ES.php

Unsure if its available in UK 

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

It's about time!

Sony should let me have one free for helping spread the word and getting people interested. 

Heart Sony, honestly! With chocolate covered sprinkles on top!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14