Join now - be part of our community!

Channel 5 HD on Freeview

Anonymous
Not applicable

Channel 5 HD on Freeview

Channel 5 HD has been limited to subscription services for a long time, however its finally about to come to the Freeview platform.  After getting a license from Ofcom in February, they are now testing on Freeview.

More information :

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/04/channel-5-hd-now-testing-on-freeview.html

So what does everyone think?  Good news right?

Are there any other channels thar you would dearly like to see broadcast in HD?  I personally would like to see a 4K channel, but sadly this is a long way off - for Freeview anyhow.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I agree.

I figured the bandwidth issue but for the life of me there are 999 Freeview channels available, is this not enough to get more than a dozen HD channels ? Adult channels, shopping channels, too many +1 channels, internet channels, pay per view channels and if thats not enough rubbish they continually re-order the 'normal' viewing channels for what reason ?

I should post this on the 'Whinge thread' :laughing:

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahahaha Now that is funny :nauseated_face:

Your turning into me - i love a good whinge!

Seriously though, when it was announced at the last major channel shuffle that shopping channels would not get there own category and remain as general, i lost faith in a proper organised epg.  Must rely on yourself to do so.

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

Shame it looks as though only DD 2.0 on CH5 HD on Freeview. On CH5 HD on sky it broadcasts Dolby D EX 5.1 which is something, hopwfully they will broadcast 5.1 on  freeview soon.