Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1080/Epson 7400 projector Lip Sync issues

profile.country.GB.title
RussJ759
New

Sony 1080/Epson 7400 projector Lip Sync issues

I have a 1080 AVR which is connected to an Epson 7400 projector  and  a 7.1 surround sound system.

Sources are a BT UHD set top box, Amazon Firestick 4K and Bluray player.

I have a problem with lip sync from all sources but it not the usual audio before video, which is easily fixable.

In my case the video comes first followed by audio after a delay of about 150/200ms.

I've tried a couple of factory resets, checked that all audio delays on other equipment are set to "off" or "0".

Confirmed that the Sony isn't set up for remote speakers.

Tried using the optical output from the BT box rather than HDMI.

It looks like the 1080 is adding a delay to the audio output which I cannot correct for.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix (other than buying a Denon AVR)?

Russ 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi RussJ,

Welcome to the community.

There's some information about synchronising audio with video output in the guide here. It also looks like it is possible to delay this. We hope it helps. 

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
RussJ759
New

Thanks for your response,

Sadly, the option you refer to will work fine where the audio preceeds the video but in my case its the other way round - the audio lags the video by about 200ms.

It looks like the amp is adding a significant delay to the audio signal, perhaps as a result of the projectors EDID or may be a fault with the 1080.

I've spent a lot of time researching this on the internet but so far without any clear solution.

Perhaps an alternative AVR may be the answer...