Join now - be part of our community!

Play Memories Home impossible to install

profile.country.fr_CH.title
geneva.ch
Visitor

Play Memories Home impossible to install

Hello,

I have downloaded Play Memories Home and am unable to install it as the "accept terms of licence" is always grey.

Can anyone help please?

Tks

eb

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.fr_BE.title
GPuffo
Visitor

What do you mean by 'it's working now'? Is there a new install program version available?

If the new release does not manage GPS track logs then it's not an improvement since it is the

only function I wanted to use in PMH. No program or a program that does not do the job

is equivalent.

Message was edited by: GPuffo

profile.country.nl_BE.title
peener
Visitor

I mean that it is possible to accept the license agreement for the download of the extended functionalities of the Play Memories Home software. The base package is the one that is inside my camera (HX20V) but once that has been transferred to the PC and installed, it immediately tries to download the extra functions. That's was not possible because you need to accept the license agreement.

But in the original PMH software there was a menu item that seemed to load the GPS tracks from the camera. That didn't work though because from the moment that this was clicked, the software again asked to download the extended functions.

Now this menu item has dissappeared.

EricDL
Visitor

New version 1.3.03 available... succesfully updated!

GPuffo
Visitor

And what is the link to this V1.3.03? I can't find it.

peener
Visitor

I think you can simply download it via the update features from the base (Lite) Play Memories programm.

More explanation here: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-home/introduction/lite-full.html

I suppose it automatically downloads the newest version.

GPuffo
Visitor

Since the EULA bug forbids me to install the base version, an upgrade will never happen.

peener
Visitor

I didn't have a problem with the installation of the base package: it was on my camera (HX20V) and I have simply taken it from there. The EULA problem only came up when I wanted to install the extended functions.

GPuffo
Visitor

For what I can see from the install behavior, it looks like a trimmed EULA text forbids to go down enough to trip the "intelligent" feature that detects that the user has scrolled down completely. Therefore, the "Accept" choice will remain greyed forever.

If this is correct, it means you never could have installed base PMH with the same exe file. But I have seen that the 1.3.02 install is rev c, whathever that means. Are you sure you used this same rev c to install PMH? Or even perhaps an older version?

Message was edited by: GPuffo

peener
Visitor

The exe file that was in my camera installed PMH ver 1.0.02.14151. This is the Lite version. When I first wanted to use an extended function (like importing GPS tracks), that program made contact with the internet and downloaded a new installation file. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it was not possible to accept the license agreement for this.

2 days ago, I tried this again and now the installation file for the extended functions that was downloaded by my old ver 1.0.02.xx allowed to sign the license agreement. This installed a new version 1.3.03.08201.

I repeated this whole process again yesterday: uninstalled PMH, ran the PMH program on my camera that installed the lite version and updated to the newest version with the extended functions. All went well.

The old Lite version did indeed have the menu item for importing GPS Logs from the camera. There's is no possibility with the new version. Nothing in the help section either.

What I did was take the logfiles directly from the SD card and imported them in a separate GPS Log reader program (I used BT747). That works well also. Although I can't see any information about speed, time en height. So it is limited. I have a 'real' GPS logger and there's plenty more information in that. But for simply tracking your trail, this could work.

What surprises me is that the logging continues, even when the camera is switched off. (of course GPS and log function need to be on). 

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I have had some feedback from Customer Support at Sony and the first thing to perhaps try is to scroll all the way to the bottom of the EULA text to see if this 'activates' the button to proceed with the installation.

Please let me know if this works,

Simon