Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories home installation fail

profile.country.sv_SE.title
sss_84
Visitor

Playmemories home installation fail

Hi!

I got a new handycam (HDR-CX250e, but I guess that doesn't matter in this question).

I'm having troubles installing Playmemories home. First, I tried to install it from the exe-file in the camera, but it didn't work. I also tried to download the latest version but I got the same error message that the installation of 'pmb.msi' failed.

I have Windows Vista, Service pack 1.

Does anyone know what I could try to make it work?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello sss_84 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am aware of occasional issues when trying to install this on a 64-bit version of Windows - is your copy of Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Thanks,

Simon

sss_84
Visitor

Hi Simon!

It's 32-bit

//Steph

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

One more thing - I wanted to check that you are downloading this version of the software:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-CX250E/downloads/pm_home

Thanks,

Simon

sss_84
Visitor

Hi :slight_smile:

Yes, that's the version! I tried it again now t o be sure but with the same result :slight_frown:

//Steph

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. I will have to escalate this to technical support at Sony to see if we can get any possible solutions from them. Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the moment that the error occurs and the error message? If you can paste it into this forum message, I can then raise it with technical support.

Let me know if you get any problems attaching it to this forum thread.

Thanks,

Simon

sss_84
Visitor

Hi!

Thank you for all the help Simon : )

Here is the screenshot!

failed.jpg

//Steph

GregMartin
Visitor

I am having the same problem with my new ( soon to be returned ) Handycam 380.

Same error, same screen shot, same problem.

I am leaving for Europe in 4 days. If I get no reply/help from SONY I shall return this camera to the retailer.

BTW your registration page has no provision for 'country' being USA: which is where this post is from.

bigblues
New

I'm having the same problem.   Is there a solution ??  I have been speaking with someone in the support office but they have yet to do anything of any use.  It's vey frustrating, I don't want to buy a new laptop

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi "bigblues".

But, is there a specific error?

Have you:

- try to download directly from Sony’s site? Sony - HDR-CX250E - Downloads Play Memories Home

- control the system requirements?

- got a Vaio PC or connected a Sony camcorder or camera when prompted?

If all these are ok, try this:

Download and save the executable file.

Then right click on file and select the option “Troubleshoot Compatibility”

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)