Join now - be part of our community!

Android connects to camera and prevents auto power off

MihailsS
New

Android connects to camera and prevents auto power off

Hello,

I have an action camera HDR-AS200V with Wi-Fi turned on and Auto Power Off set to 60 seconds. I also have an Android 4.4 smartphone and Android 5.0 tablet. Wi-Fi is enabled and PlayMemories Mobile is installed on both of them. I've used PlayMemories Mobile to connect to camera, as a result camera's Wi-Fi network is saved in Android settings. When I turn on the camera and no other Wi-Fi networks are available my smartphone or tablet connects to camera's Wi-Fi network even if PlayMemories Mobile isn't running.

The problem is that while smartphone or tablet is connected to the camera even if PlayMemories Mobile isn't running Auto Power Off setting of camera is ignored and camera stays turned on until the battery is empty. It's very frustrating to discover that camera's battery is empty when it's needed.

As a temporary workaround I've set the Android setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Only when plugged in". Is there any better solution?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi,

Auto Power Off is disabled when a Wi-Fi connection is established, to prevent the risk of corrupted data when transferring images. A solution to this problem could be to simply switching off the Wi-Fi connection on the camcorder itself:

Press the NEXT or PREV button and select SETUPCONFGWi-Fi, then press the ENTER button and select OFF.

This should prevent the Android devices from connecting to the camcorder and consequentially draining the battery of the device.

Cheers

PD

MihailsS
New

11 keypresses to enable and 11 keypresses to disable Wi-Fi in device each time when I need it. 😞