Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories home installation fail

profile.country.sv_SE.title
sss_84
Visitor

Playmemories home installation fail

Hi!

I got a new handycam (HDR-CX250e, but I guess that doesn't matter in this question).

I'm having troubles installing Playmemories home. First, I tried to install it from the exe-file in the camera, but it didn't work. I also tried to download the latest version but I got the same error message that the installation of 'pmb.msi' failed.

I have Windows Vista, Service pack 1.

Does anyone know what I could try to make it work?

14 REPLIES 14
Arigato-Czech
Explorer

PlayMemories Home Installer crashed.png

I have exactly the same problem with the newest version 4
veselyslon
Explorer

i have the same problem

profile.country.GB.title
hbblogger
New

I have been having the same problem for well over 6 months with an upgrade of the playmemories software.  I am on Windows 7 64bits.

Hello, I thought I might try help here but I've solved this problem after trying all the above by simply installing to a new directory instead of the default 'ProgramFiles x86' location (remember to uninstall PMB first). To do this, run the PMB installer from the Sony website as usual but select the 'custom' install option. Change to a new directory name of a different name even if only slightly (can leave in the master x86 directory). This probably uses new registry entry locations as well and it all seems to be starting and indexing my pictures properly now. Hope this helps!

Lynton

profile.country.GB.title
sakuwbarakushow
Explorer

Hello, 

You dont installed beacuse you dont required Operationg System.

E.G I dont installed this program, becase I use Windows 7 x64, dont use Windows 7 x64 SP1. 

When I try installed program in father computer - wher this computer installed Windows 7 x64 SP1 - program instal no problems :slight_smile:

So, you must use required OS - (Windows 10, 8/8.1 or Win7 SP1 / Vista SP1).