Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Nothing.

I thought the serial number (in TV's software) and WiFi MAC address was changed when motherboard was changed.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Another problem:

Yesterday and today morning, on the natural light, I saw on the screen, a vertical grid of black and white.

TV in standby, backlight off.

After ON and OFF the TV, this problem, for a while, disappear.

gaijin7
Explorer

Nothing.

Means you are not sure if mainboard was changed since MAC address is unique to hardware ?

gaijin7
Explorer

@ gabize

This raise the question if your mainboard was downgraded.

Don`t you agree?

Unless wifi adapter is not part of the mainboard is normal mac address is not changed.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I saw how the motherboard looks alike. There are some for sale on the internet. The board is compact, with a SoC that include all the networking components. They didn't changed the motherboard if the hardware MAC address is the same. Besides this, on the motherboard there is no socketed EEPROM that would facilitate extracting the chip for writing it externally using a EEPROM programmer.

I think after the failled firmware update, the TV is in bootloader mode. Perhaps in service they just rewrite the latest Lolipop firmware using a PC USB connection, or even simpler using a USB stick that contain the old firmware. Then the TV is returned back to the customer who is advised to never ever try to rewrite the firmware that failed.

gaijin7
Explorer

JTAG is used for programming onboard chips.

I think our tvs load the system ok since we have audio of the initial setup.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

cool, then let's make this clear. If they haven't why do they claim to change the motherboard?

we should all check de MAC number and demand a proper explanation from Sony

i don't really care how they do fix the problem, but i will not cope with lies.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Yes, WiFi MAC address and S/N are identical!

And my new problem:IMG_20170306_142622.jpg

And YES, the TV is OFF (stand-by)

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

IMG_20170306_160421.jpg

My TV, in STAND-BY, has the screen turned ON, without backlight. Appear vertical white and black lines. with width approximately 10 mm, starting from a thick horizontal line.

@Anonymous, please give this pictures to SONY authority, is unacceptable to keep sending my TV to service. TNX.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @gabize

I am wondering if they have simply 'over-tightened' the screws when they re-assembled the TV, and hence everything is pushing on the panel screen.

How does it look when switched on?

Either way - Do you have a case ID number?  If so, Please private message me this.

Cheers