Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

My TV unit is manufactured in August 2016 and I purchased it in December 2016.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Next Thursday I have to leave my TV unit at the Sony aproved repair service (wich is not in my town). I called them at the phone, told them the whole story in detail, they were informed telling me they know the exact situation, so I asked them politely to reserve a logic board in advance for me and this would allow me to get the unit repaired and transported by myself at home in the same day, but I had no chance (...I guess this request was some kind of Science-Fiction here in my country of living). They told me that I have to leave the unit at their service for several days, then after the repair take place they will gladly send it back to my place of residence.

vetvicka
Explorer

hi BETATESTERONE,

i'm wondering where you from?, here in czech republic sony told me that my tv is so big so i have privelege that the servis have to come to my house and take the tv out and also bring back.

The tv was taken out on tuesday at 7pm and bring back on thursday 7.30pm, also i called to service during thursday about 3pm, and service guy told that he still waitng for the delivery of new motherboard so i know that the replacment is really quick operation.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

most people buy their tvs from a reseller like Amazon, not from Sony

it depends from which company you buy the tv, some will offer you pick-up & return services

mine was also picked up and taken to the repair centre and it must be fixed by the end of next week

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

My TV has returned today from service. With A5, ofcourse.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

bloody hell, havent they tell you anything about the update @gabize?

is it working properly then?

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

This update (a6) not working. Maybe other. If we will receive other A6 update.

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Gabize, tie ti-au spus de unde vine placa de baza care ti-au schimbat-o ? SI daca e un lot de dinainte de iunie 2016, sau mai nou?. Eu cred ca e important, macar cu patania asta sa te fi ales cu o placa de baza din prima revizie, personal cred ca sunt mai bune calitativ.

Acum after the reparatie, esti la ultima versiune de Android 5.1.1 Lolipop ? Ce ti-au mai spus cei de la JUST IT din Bucuresti? Stima.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

@BETATESTERONE, After repair, my tv has Android 5.1.1, Version 3.533

Curiously, TV's serial number and WiFi MAC address are the same as the old motherboard.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@gabize what are you tring to say? :rolling_eyes: