Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

use this page: http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

they will open a ticket and get back to you, after that you can escalade it

my tv will have to be updated to Android 6 and i will send it back to them if it breaks again.

Droncs46

Sony.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

They've pulled it on the UK site too. 

@Anonymous - you can restore that deleted post now! 🐵

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tarpii

Are you referring to a post on the forums or support site.  Im not currently home at the moment.

In regards to the post above, Thats from the Sony Support website - an explaination fill follow soon.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

@Anonymous There was a post on Monday where it appeared that the firmware had been pulled, but you ended up deleting / correcting the post. Looks like it was actually very prescient of you.

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

double post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tarpii - oh boy - how to answer the question when i cant...  I got into trouble for that post.

Please be patient, information will/should be available soon.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

how long is that temporarily?

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

I'll watch tv on mother's day! juhuuu