Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

my tv has to be updated to Android 6, anything  else is unacceptable

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Absolutely right!

Else, we can suppose that the TV does not comply, does not meet the same characteristics like others with A6.

EDIT:

I talk to service department:
TV's come back with A5, because for A6 not yet solutions. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

agree. why should i want a faulty tv which cannot be update while all the rest can.

if it doesnt comply with what is supossed to, they can keep it and give my money back

charlesdavies
Explorer

UK here: my 805 is now with an 'approved Sony repairer' he did not offer a temporary replacement when it was collected, I am hoping for a speedy resolution but have a feeling i will be told a new motherboard or other spare part is required, if so I will be firmly requesting a temporary replacement!

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

c'mon sony!!! i expect android 7 nougat for apology!

ivi.hamiti
Explorer

Thumbs up, i approve the logic, android 7 must be provided

Jhinwxm

Uk Based. TV has been collected today, i was not there but they advised the motherboard needed changing. No loan TV which is very poor from Sony.

They said it will be one week to ten days before the TV will be fixed.

A rubbish time consuming service all in all.

I think we all should complain to Sony over this, the time its taken is not good enough.

Quinnicus - Do you have a complaints contact or email address? I'm going to threaten them with legal action fi they don't buck their ideas up.

charlesdavies
Explorer

@Jhinwxm which repairer are Sony using for your repair, I didn't expect mine to have any, i guess they would have passed me back to Sony...I agree, i think a mass complaint would be in order, this hasnt been handled well at all...one week from software update release and it looks like I'll be without TV for a further week (at least),,,

Jhinwxm

@charlesdavies  The service centre I am using is North West Appliance Repairs Ltd.

The service from Sony has been appalling, if this was a fault that the TV had developed individually I would be more understanding but this whole sorry saga was due to Sony releasing an update which they clearly did not test properly, which for a company like Sony is unbelievable, not to mention wholly incompetent.

I am going to write to them and complain, I'll link to this thread aswell.

If they do not come back to me with something that I deem reasonable a letter from a solicitor will be winging its way to them very soon.

They won't bully me no matter how big and untouchable they think they are.

charlesdavies
Explorer

@Jhinwxm if you find a suitable address to communicate with Sony would you be so kind to share, I think multiple communications may have some impact.