Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
masiedog
Explorer

I am the UK, my loan set is being provided by the independant service agent who is doing the repair and not by Sony

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

please keep us updated about your service experience

mine will leave for repair centre tomorrow so by next week there will be a conclusion to this

Latgalec68
Explorer

So, all have begun to send TV to service? Already nobody waits for the corrected firmware?

Jhinwxm

I'm in the UK. A service engineer is coming to my house tomorrow. Nothing was said to me about a loan TV whilst its being repaired but I will be asking now that others have had this.

Why are Sony treating people differently? Thats disgraceful.

Everyone with this issue should have offered a replacement brand new tv in my opinion, but that would take a company committed to excellent customer service something which Sony are a million miles away from being.

Ignorant and aloof would best describe my experience of them.

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

I'm verry currious to find out If the tv's are returning from the service with the android 6 installed or with a5.

I just spoke with gabize about this subject.

We (me and gabize) have our tv's at the same service center and the guys from the service allready confirmed that they will replace the motherboards but this is the only detail that they provided and nothing else.

In case that the tv's are returning to the owners with a5 who is gonna guarantee that doing the update everything is gonna work flawlessly?

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@Latgalec68 wrote:

nobody waits for the corrected firmware?

Sony did not say anything about 'corrected firmware'.

In fact Sony support told me to send the tv to the service centre (they washed their hands)

bazsoz
Explorer

Hy all! The service say to me today,if i make again the update for Marshmalow( after he change the motherboard of my tv) then the amber /green blinking failure come again! So don't do it again!

masiedog
Explorer

The guy who collected my tv said that they MAY have a workaround but it only a maybe, most likely it will be mainboard replacement and that it will probably be updated to 6.0 at the workshop,

i dont actually care if it comes back with 5 or 6 installed, as long as i get it back working as normal then it will be auto update off and let it stay as is

bazsoz
Explorer

Right, i don't care 5 or 6 just i wan't finally my tv back! The service guy say to me sony has the automatic update disabled.So if i turn the automatic update on on my tv, i not become the new firmware. You can now only make the firmware update just with pendrive(usb stick)(and if you make the update  with android 5 again the tv going again wrong  ). Sorry for my bad English,i hope you understand it.

mikebennett60
Explorer