Join now - be part of our community!

BT TV Box Pro & XH90/XH92

profile.country.GB.title
apuk2004

BT TV Box Pro & XH90/XH92

Screenshot_20211023-091806.png

I'm unable to set this new box up properly with my TV as the TV can find the manufacturer but not this model.

For now I have chosen BT and Youview and can control the box with my remote but it's not perfect. I would like the BT Box to switch off when I turn off my TV but can't see a way of setting this up.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@apuk2004 

In general, you cannot make a TV remote switch off a YouView box, even the wizzy-dizzy new Pro box. Which the Sony remote probably can’t find as the Pro box is so new.

However, try it the other way round; as long as the Pro box is plugged into the TV initially, rather than into an AV amp or a soundbar, say, the the Pro will interrogate the TV for its details and set its Pro remote to operate that TV, as regards the TV functions.

So you can then control both from the Pro remote, at least for the basics of the TV.

If the Pro remote has tried to link itself to something that isn’t the TV, though, connect the Pro box directly to the TV, re-pair the remote with these quick steps: -

1. Press the Home and 9 buttons at the same time
  2. Hold down the buttons until the LED around the BT icon flashes purple three times

after which it will work the TV, even if you move the Pro box back onto whatever it was plugged into before.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey apuk2004, if it's not mentioned in the compatible devices I'm afraid you cannot add it.