Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

Updated mine around lunchtime. 1st time with no issues. Seems less laggy . TV been on all afternoon.

KDL-43W805 2015

SuneKuntz

I don't know what just happened, or if it has something to do with the update (though I doubt it). My TV won't recognize the update, as a result, I'm stuck with the 'old' Marshmellow update for now. But all of a sudden, after hours of trying, restarting my TV and what not, the EPG suddenly refuses to show every other channel information, and it won't let me move the selector down. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe in the process of trying to update to the new Marshmellow? 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Hi guys, 

Did update in february... Updated 2 hr ago. Went fine and smooth. 

So far so good but have not much troubles before exepted some reboots so only time can tell if it's better 

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys, Update from me.....

Okay I also did February update when that came out and that worked 100 % fine with just a few snags.

I have also done the update earlier when I got home from work had a little trouble getting the TV to see the new update from my USB stick bit got it done after a short while.

I did a factory hard reset then updated all the apps in Google Play and all is good no trouble at all.

TV does feel snappier picture also seems a bit brighter and tad shaper as well.

But.....Guess what not sure if anyone else has spotted this yes Sony has given us

April sercurity patch level update from Google!

Februarys update only gave December 2016 patch level .

Interesting as my Xperia Z5 had also had the Nugart update back in February but very recently it was updated again to April sercurity patch level and that makes a real difference.

So maybe Sony are finnaly learning to take a leaf out of their mobile division whom Iust day are way ahead of Samsung with updates wright now...

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Is this update via USB only? Nothing is showing on the tv itself. 

profile.country.GB.title
Donn101
Explorer

Updated to the latest firmware last night and everything seems good so far. Menu has been tweaked and looks better as well as smoother. Updated all the apps as well. The only annoying thing I noticed was before I updated Google cast I tested a film out from my mobile and audio and video played fine. However after I updated the app, video was smoother, however there was no audio. So it seems this is due to the app not the firmware update.

So all in all the update seems to have ironed out a few things, however I'm sure there will be further tweaks and improvements to come.

profile.country.GB.title
plendil
Explorer

hi i also would like to know if you find out

regards

profile.country.GB.title
plendil
Explorer

hi  i would also like to kow if you find out please

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys.. If you want the update now then you have to do the update via USB stick.

Otherwise the automatic rollout will commence untill the end of May as Sony are doing it in waves or sections of EU at a time so it's your choice.

Don't forget as iv mentioned before on a recent post this update also has......

April sercurity patch level! Now

One of the biggest advantages to having Andriod OS is Google always updates sercurity patch levels almost each month now or every other day my Xperia has April as well.

Okay it's nothing to jump up and down at but its very important or crucial with how Andriod OS works and preforms.

This is one of the very reasons I love and decided to have Andriod TV over Tizen or Firefox and even webos. For me anyway.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone