Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

@nikolay1243 wrote:

So I downloaded the update file and installed it to the tv.

• Still cant hide the recommendations/featured apps list which is annoying.

I thing you wrong a bit here.That It was possible .See under Menu/Home Screen..,you will figured how there.

Not made this update yet ,but i think is the same way..

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

So I updated and left it for a bit. Then I reset the TV with all hdmi cables out.

I'm glad to say that we can now get 3D option in the video app   :slight_smile:

So far so good.

nikolay1243
Explorer

Yeah that's the funniest thing. So while I can remove programs from putting recommended content on the top row, if I turn off all of them, now there's a message saying "Cant get any recommendations". It should hide it but sony want to shove recommendations down my throat an clutter hte homescreen with crap regardless that I paid £600 for the tv

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Just downloading the update at work I'll be updating my tv tonight

My model is also KD-43X8307 2015

But I already have the recent update and worked fine with a handful of bugs be great to see what happens after this update.

From London, UK

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Can anyone confirm if Amazon Prime is working with juddering, lip sync issue and slow responding menus?

SuneKuntz

Does anyone know, if it's possible to update even though the TV is running the last Marshmellow update? I updated the TV the last time Marshmellow was released, and I just tried updating the TV via USB Stick with the newly released Marshmellow update, but the TV doesn't recognize the update. No prompt asking me to update or anything. I've tried with several USB sticks, downloading the update several time - nothing. Has anyone else experienced this?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

See here. I had to do a full reboot in order for the installation to start...

Sony is just no capable of developing a properly working updating process...

profile.country.GB.title
deva14
Explorer

I already have Marshmallow from original update, I have the same issue as you, as it does not auto install the update, just a choice of Album , Music etc. I presume therfore there is nothing new to add to a previous successfully installed Marshmallow update.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I would assume that it is just another creepy Sony bug...

neobluenet
Explorer

Hi, I have a 49X8309C bought in August 2016. Currently I am using Android 5, but I would like to update to 6 if the performance is increased. My biggest problem is subtitles, because the default app has not font customizing feature (I would like a black / grey border because on bright images you can't see what's written) I started using Plex. If I use 1080p files I get a lip sync issue - audio is out of sync. For 720p works fine. With the default video app the 1080p files work fine, no issue, but still there is the subtitle problem.

The question is: should I update to 6? Will it fix my problem?