Join now - be part of our community!

a7r v and a1 - lightroom photoshop not working

profile.country.GB.title
terfarr78
New

a7r v and a1 - lightroom photoshop not working

just purchased both camera - and now found i cannot do any post editing in lightroom or photoshop 
is anyone else having this issue with either camera - i did contact adobe support to have 7 hours of stress with them just moving a mouse around my screen and doing nothing not even trying, and just leaving chat so had to keep starting again - two days later no further forward.

is there any easy-to-use software like photoshop and lightroom as i have just learnt how to use it and when i could found it easier to use and linked to my topaz - so would need something along those lines

thinking of returning cameras and down grading back to the a7r iv 

thanks for any help and direction teresa

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

A1 is supported, so you shuld open it if you have a genuine and updated copy of cameraraw (the engine of both LR and PS).

A7Rv is still not supported as in most of all third party software, but it should come soon.

You can try to use ImagingEdgeDesktop to open and convert, than use your standard workflow.

profile.country.GB.title
terfarr78
New

thank you for responding to my question

yes - both cameras are genuine from a shop that deals directly with sony, i will only buy from them as i heard there are copies out there and i know they will be new un-used ect

i had seen that list before but could not find the a1 but had read is was, so that was becaming a little confusing
my  ls and ps are yearly subscriptions from adobe direct 

i have all in place and used the a7r iv without knowing anything with no issues 😻😻😻 - so when all this was happening, i was at a lose and only got passed around by support doing nothing it was just getting me confused

as you have mentioned and i have literally found out this morning - they are not compatible yet and looks like weeks away - not sure why such a company would be behind with this - but as i am not a tech person, so i guess there must be reasons

thank you for imagingedge i will take a look - i think did download it but it looks very weird on my screen and not very easy to do anything in but if i can just at least convert a raw at least that will be something

thank you again for taking the time to answer my question has been helpful xt

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

@terfarr78 wrote:

thank you for responding to my question

yes - both cameras are genuine from a shop that deals directly with sony, i will only buy from them as i heard there are copies out there and i know they will be new un-used ect

I meant the Adobe copy. Of course the cameras are authentic :slight_smile:

i had seen that list before but could not find the a1 but had read is was, so that was becaming a little confusing
my  ls and ps are yearly subscriptions from adobe direct 

i have all in place and used the a7r iv without knowing anything with no issues 😻😻😻 - so when all this was happening, i was at a lose and only got passed around by support doing nothing it was just getting me confused

A1 is listed, made a search as "ILCE-1" text inside the page

as you have mentioned and i have literally found out this morning - they are not compatible yet and looks like weeks away - not sure why such a company would be behind with this - but as i am not a tech person, so i guess there must be reasons

A7Rv is a too new model, global support will arrive soon as any other model

thank you for imagingedge i will take a look - i think did download it but it looks very weird on my screen and not very easy to do anything in but if i can just at least convert a raw at least that will be something

thank you again for taking the time to answer my question has been helpful xt

profile.country.FI.title
PENTTI-2022
New

I think this to global problem for new models. Jpg is already working by it so use it still Adobe will get its reader ready. I do so.

Pentti

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Updated today cameraraw and lightroom, now support A7Rv

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@danardeng ... 🤔🤔🤔🤔😏😏😏😏

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor