Join now - be part of our community!

how to clean the Monolitic LCD screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
assimb
Explorer

how to clean the Monolitic LCD screen

hi

Has anybody else had this problem with the monolitic design tv's. They are really hard to clean. I have tried all sorts of cloth i.e microfibre but i cant seem to totally get rid of the STREAK marks. i have to literally spend 45 mins constantly wiping back & forth even then its not totally clean.

maybe its to do with the monolitic glass sheet infront of the screen.

does sony do a special cleaning cloth for these tv's?

My model number is KDL46NX713

11 REPLIES 11
Normis83
Explorer

You need to change the brand of the product and then you may find the best Microbe cloth online on some online stores like Amazon and eBay.

laslolikvidator
Explorer

Oh that's a pain in the ass! I've also searched for Sony cloth products and such, but haven't found anything made by them. And the streak marks look so annoying when on direct sunlight. I tryed wiping with all kinds of towels and cleaning cloths but it took me way too long to make a difference. Somewhere along the lines of a microfiber cloth, just like the person above, and decided to give it a shot. It's cheap, it does the work and it's economic. Also I read that it's bio degradable and hypo allergenic too. I've been using it for a few months now and I highly recommend it. Hope this helps!