Visitor

how to clean a tv led screen?

how to clean a tv led screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

with a microfibre cloth, if its really dirty (fingerprints etc) then buy some LCD screen cleaner solution and lightly spray onto screen and wipe clean.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

with a microfibre cloth, if its really dirty (fingerprints etc) then buy some LCD screen cleaner solution and lightly spray onto screen and wipe clean.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

I read some researchs on the net about cleaning LCD and they have different opinions , but I believe the below steps are logical in my view

1- First brush out the dust on the LCD panel using soft brush ( dust particles are sillicon same as the one used in sandpaper, if you start cleaning without remove it, then it will rub your screen gradually everytime you do the process causing scratchs)

2- Soft Cotton cloth is more recommended than fiber cloth ( because the fiber as a material has more hardness / toughness than cotton and causing scratchs) ... BTW never use any tissue because thay are made 100% of polyester

3- Never use a dry cotton cloth, always make it damp by water ... Water works as lubricate media reduce the possability of scratch

4- Many LCD liquid cleaners in the market are OK , but i use 2~5 drops of liquid hand wash soap over a teacup of water as a solution to remove fingerprints - Avoid to use any glass cleaner liquids because they have high percentage of ammonia which will do chemical reaction with LCD front cover

Dishwasher will give you superior results :anguished: ....Just kidding :smileygrin:

Have nice days

Bravia55HX

overanalysing as always!!, and microfibre cloths DO NOT  scratch the screens only ham fisted numptys do that.

Bravia55HX

oh and by the way, no mention of silicon or sandpaper in the paragraph below!,

also soft cotton cloths are full of lint and will make it worst!, i used to be a proffesional car valeter so know a few things about cloth.

The specific dust mix in any household differs according to climate, age  of the house and the number of people who live in it — not to mention  the occupants' cooking, cleaning and smoking habits. But nearly  everywhere, dust consists of some combination of shed bits of human  skin, animal fur, decomposing insects, food debris, lint and organic  fibers from clothes, bedding and other fabrics, tracked-in soil, soot,  particulate matter from smoking and cooking, and, disturbingly, lead,  arsenic and even DDT.

rebecca631

I am unsure of what the caution is with cloth verus microfiber, but I use an eco spray with microfiber towel for cleaning sony tv and it seems to do the job just fine. The link is embedded so you can see what product I am talking about. The cotten cloth only add more fluff flying around. This cloth collects all the dust and keeps it from flying about. The spray itself is also hypoallergic so my daughter doesn't start sneezing and coughing. 

RoxanneKerns
Explorer

Use microfibre towel to clean the a LED screen. Also it is hypoallergic and good for kids and collects all the dust as usual. I always use it to clean my LED screen of TV