Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
andrew_ashby

WH-1000XM3 Noise cancelling performance ruined by v4.1.1 firmware upgrade :(

Sony - what have you done? the WH-1000XM3s that I bought (running firmware v4.1.0) are no longer class leading noise cancelling headphones.

V4.1.1 and now v5.0.0 have destroyed the noise cancelling performance - this is so disappointing.

For anyone else with this problem, I have found a v4.1.0 apk download..... I have just installed and will check later when I am travelling on the train again (known reference for noise cancelling performance):

On Android:

1. Uninstall Sony  v4.1.1 (or later) app
  2. Download 4.1.0 apk file from -
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sony-video-sound-products-inc/sony-headphones-connect/sony-headphones-...
  3. Install apk file (you will likely be prompted and need to allow the android security option to install a third party apk)
  4. Disable automatic applications updates in Android playstore (to ensure the Sony app does not automatically update again to the latest version).

I really hope this fix works and that Sony fix V5.x.x very swiftly, or I will likely be heading back to where I bought them to exchange XM3s for QC35ii - it was a close call on which was best before 4.1.1 ,  but its not any more.

Who Me Too'd this topic