Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
GreggLonewolf

ILCE-QX1 Firmware Update / Version II

I am not sure if this discussion belongs here, but the QX1 is an interchangeable lens camera, so I thought this the best place to start.

I have a couple of requests for a firmware update on the QX1 and / or ideas for the QX2.

As an owner of the NEX-5 and 5N cameras, I have a couple of E-mount lenses, but also a number of adaptors that allow me to use other lenses with the NEX cameras (namely Canon, Nikon and Leica-M lenses).

When I first heard about the QX1 I thought it would be great if I could use it with ALL of my lenses (including the adapted ones), especially my Zeiss ZM manual lenses.

Unfortunately as I (finally) found out, the QX1 does not support the Release without Lens feature that the NEX cameras use - thus allowing the shutter to operate without there being an electronically mounted E mount lens attached.

My first request for a firmware upgrade / idea for the QX2 is to make the Release without Lens function available so we can use any and all lenses with the system.

I think this is especially useful seeing as the E-mount is now becoming Sony's primary mount for both stills and video cameras (A7 and FS7 being the most obvious new models).

Secondly, the AVCHD codec is terrible. Please add the XAVC-S Video Codec in a firmware update and / or add this to the QX2.

Finally, if there are plans to release a QX2 could you make it with the full frame sensor found in the A7 / A7r, as that would really open up the creative possibilities of the system.

Please let me know if you think these requests are practical or is there some limitation to the way the QX series work with the PlayMemories Mobile software that prevent this being possible.

Who Me Too'd this topic