Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 issues after update to 4.1.1

profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

WH-1000XM3 issues after update to 4.1.1

Since updating to firmware version v4.1.1 yesterday, Noise Cancelling potency has decreased noticeably.

Not only that, I can't ask Alexa to play anything on Spotify, and even if I ask for music from Amazon Music, Alexa says "Shuffling tracks by xxx on amazon music", yet nothing actually plays.

In additional to terrible call quality (present prior to v4.1.1) I think these additional issues will push me to return my 1000xm3's for a refund unless they can be resolved.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
GordonWTee
Explorer

I wish I hadn’t updated to 4.1.1 as before the SC was incredible. I let people at work try it and they were amazed as it cut the background noise to virtually nothing.

Since updating today the first thing I noticed was that I could hear my own voice quite clearly with SC on, and I couldn’t before.

This is very disappointing, especially as the Alexa integration is a bit rubbish anyway 😔.

profile.country.DE.title
Gijsphdb

SONY:

Is there a way to downgrade to the old firmware?

profile.country.GB.title
innflyer
New

Same here, after 4.1.1 upgrade voices come trough pretty clear even with full NC mode turned on. If I turn my head slowly to the right it seems even stronger. Don't know how that can be?  Additionally background noise is more present than before. 

profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

Unfortunately, there isn't, otherwise I would have.

profile.country.GB.title
luigi.lauro
Explorer

Yes please, I also want to downgrade

profile.country.GB.title
Ol9999
Explorer

Like others I regret being a lemming and upgrading when I was prompted. 

These OTA updates are a pain when you cannot go back.. The old fashioned way of downloading to a pc and flashing from there should at least be an option. 

I think BOSE do that. 

profile.country.FI.title
Phyzer228
Explorer

Does anyone know if the WH-1000XM2 has the same issues after the update?

profile.country.SI.title
vidra99
Explorer

My observations concerning 4.1.1: 

- noise canceling is worse at higher frequencies

- voice call quality is better

profile.country.GB.title
Jeevesy
New

Same issues here. Checked some YouTubers who've tested this out but so far that has not borne out the issues raised on this forum.  For me, the ANC is only working around half what I would expect.  At least it's a software issue so can be fixed. But when is another matter.