Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM2

profile.country.GB.title
jamesblood
New

WH-1000XM2

I bought a pair of WH-1000XM2 11 days ago. Today the left ear pad has started creaking which is making them essentially useless. When I bought noise cancelling headphones, I did not expect them to start making extra noise.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @jamesblood,

we both know, that this is not what they are supposed to do :yahoo:

Probably the mic for the noise cancellation on the left earpiece broke and now it is trying to cancel out noise which doesn't exist.

No one knows (without inspecting your unit) and it wouldn't be of any help to throw around assumptions.

Since you bought it 11 days ago I am sure you can still exchange it for a new one :wink:

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
lordentropy
New

Silly question maybe. They creak when you are wearing them I assume?  Mine creak when I handle them but not when wearing them,  and I am wondering if that will escalate to creaking during wearing?  Is this how it happened with you. 

profile.country.GB.title
jamesblood
New

It hasn't happened since. But it was while I was wearing them, and it sounded like the earpad was "relaxing" and creaking as it did.

profile.country.GB.title
lordentropy
New

Great thanks for responding.  I love my headphones so I am hoping they will last. Although as they have a 2 year warranty and I bought them from a good UK retailer, reknowned for their customer service, I expect I shouldnt have any issues getting them replaced if they develop any problems. 

profile.country.SK.title
mgaspy2
Explorer

I have them 2nd day and they started making exact same noise (like wind blowing or earpad foam pressing) i would like to ask, what you did? I can give them back but if there is a solution I would like to try it.