Sony MDR1000x

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
LiamiSeek
Explorer

Sony MDR1000x

Hi Guys

I bought the excellant Sony MDR1000x headphones from Amazon.co.uk

First let me say I have 2 other headphones in this price range from other manufacturers and the Sony MDR1000x are much better. Best noise cancelling wireless headphones by far.

However about 8 months after buying them a small crack appears on the left side headband.

This slowly got worse - even with careful use and then snap - a large crack with a VERY sharp triangle shaped piece sticking out.

Now the headphones are so losse they are hard to use. So I researched the issue and found there was a defect with this batch and lots of people reported it and Sony made a kit to repair for them.

So I contacted Amazon who said to contact Sony directly.

I went to sony.ie and was directed to a repair centre in Cork.

I drove their and gave them the headphones but they rang me today to say Sony will not repair them and I must return them to Amazon but Amazon will not accept this as it is 9 months after buying them and they say contact Sony. So in a rock and hard place now and no way to proceed.

Sony please do the correct thing. I am a good loyal customer for decades and love your products and I paid €400 for your headphones and for them to break with light wear after 9 months is not good but to refuse to repair them is unacceptable. Please tell me how I can get this mess sorted. I love the product but I need to be able to use it. 

If I do not get a good solution I will hit up all my social media accounts as othres have done

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @LiamiSeek and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Please contact Sony Support about this on +44 (0) 2073652810

You'll see from other posts on this site that other members

have had similar issues resolved :slight_smile:

(As long as you have a receipt / proof of purchase for them)

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @LiamiSeek and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Please contact Sony Support about this on +44 (0) 2073652810

You'll see from other posts on this site that other members

have had similar issues resolved :slight_smile:

(As long as you have a receipt / proof of purchase for them)

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
LiamiSeek
Explorer

Thanks Jumpsuit

I do have the receipt from Amazon.