Join now - be part of our community!

nwz-b162 screen problem

profile.country.GB.title
thes1nner
Explorer

nwz-b162 screen problem

My nwz-b162 walkman's screen is not working. Everything else is okay. When i open it or plug it for charging, just lights are showing up. No letters. I tried resetting it but it didn't work. Also, the screen turned back to normal for a minute but after that no letters again, just lights. How can i fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi thes1nner, 

Welcome to the community. 

First, see if you can make sure your NWZ-B162 has been updated to the latest firmware to see if this helps. You can follow these instructions to do so. Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
thes1nner
Explorer

Hi, thank you. I installed Media Go and checked updates.Now it looks like this. The screen turned back to normal for 4-5 seconds earlier while i was trying to finish the battery. I finished it and plugged back but the screen is again blank, just lights are on. 123.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi thes1nner, 

Okay, try performing a reset on your Walkman player. To do this, have a look at points 6-8 on this page. If this doesn't work, it's best to contact Sony Support here to see what they can suggest. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F 

profile.country.GB.title
thes1nner
Explorer

Reset is not helping. I contacted Sony support. Maybe I can format the walkman using settings but I need another walkman to complete the steps successfully. I searched for videos or images for the menu but I couldn't find anything helps.