Join now - be part of our community!

MDR-1000X wired very low sound

profile.country.GB.title
amirage
New

MDR-1000X wired very low sound

Hi all,

I have been enjoying the MDR1000X for the past several months..it's a marvellous pair of cans and checks all the right boxes in the audio department. I have, however, been listening to them via the BT connection and thought to experiment with the supplied input wire. I have heard the MDRs sound best when wired. So, I tried them and found that the headphones sounded very quiet! The same song when played via BT sounds amazing and at the right volume but when wired the sound goes down several notches. For e.g., when I play a song via BT at volume level 10 the same song at the same volume via the same DAC sounds at volume level 2!!!! This is really weird! I tried to increase the volume via the touch controls on the right headphone but they don't seem to respond.

Any help in solving this issue? I'm listening to FLAC 16bit songs via Shanling M2S DAC which is capable of LDAC and aptX BT. 

Amit

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
amirage
New

Can someone please help me out?

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi amirage, 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not too sure why this is happening and it's best to contact Sony Support about this here.

Thanks,

Pascale_F 

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

That's normal, MDR-1000X is a wireless headphone, it's not designed to be used wired.

Althought you can in case battery is empty.

But if you wanna hear full 1000X potential, you have to go wire AND turn on the headphone (amp) and sound will be more loud and full 

profile.country.GB.title
amirage
New

Oh..that's news to me...I thought the headphones' performance is indifferent to the mode of connection...