Join now - be part of our community!

smartcard driver finally found - vaio p11z - windows 7

wadiwa
Visitor

smartcard driver finally found - vaio p11z - windows 7

hi forum - the win7-drivers required for the smartcard (= simcard) in the vgn p11z should be contained in the 'option' connection prog 'globetrotter.exe'. indeed 9 of them are thus rightly installed, but the last for the smartcard itself was permanently missed, and so globetrotter didn't find the device. I'd spend several hours on this problem. only by accident I found the solution:

open device manager < smartcards < actualize drivers < looking for drivers on the computer < NOT your downloaded drivers, but the LIST of companies provided by microsoft < sony < there are two drivers; choose 'identifiing device [so might be the english notification](NIST SP 800-73 [PIV])'. if you click it, the install message warns 'not recommended'. but when I had installed it the connection to the smartcard was at once accomplished (of course you must additionally insert APN, user name, password). - well, have fun - wadiwa

1 REPLY 1
r0000x
New

You legend. Thanks!! I've been trying to figure out 3G on the P11Z for a while.

Wound up installing 137_Hokku_Option_Standard_Modules_3.1d0-1107.32167_41601P.zip (modem drivers and Globetrotter Connect) which is NO LONGER AVAILABLE from the option.com website (along with anything else for the P11Z or their modems it seems). I wound up finding this on a strange wireless-driver.com website: http://download.wireless-driver.com/driver/Option/137_Hokku_Option_Standard_Modules_3.1d0-1107.32167...

Everything installed but the smart card driver. Opened device manager > smart card > install driver > select from a list > smart cards > and selected the one you suggested. Enabled GPS and WWAN and now Globetrotter picks it up.