Join now - be part of our community!

how can i recover my data which is deleted after sony vaio laptop recovery process?

SOLVED
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
smartlibra
Visitor

how can i recover my data which is deleted after sony vaio laptop recovery process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, the Vaio Recovery process formats the C:\ drive before reinstalling the original Sony OS and Applications.  This means everything on the drive will have been destroyed.

You can try talking to a data recovery company for a second opinion but, sadly, I think your data has been lost.  Try Google for some data recovery companies.

Your Vaio is quite new.  Did you generate your data on this laptop or did you transfer from another PC?  If you transferred it onto this Vaio, is the original source still available to you?

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Tell us which Vaio model you have and how you carried out the Vaio Recovery?

If you have carried out a System Recovery using Vaio Care, Vaio Recovery Centre or Vaio Recovery Utility from either the HDD Recovery Partition or Recovery Discs then, at least, the C:\ drive will have been formatted and all data permanently lost. There will have been warnings on-screen telling you this would happen.

However 'Recovery' can mean many things so tell us what has been done.

smartlibra
Visitor

i have Sony Vaio | EB46 -Matt White n there was only one disk "C" at my laptop. i have done recovery process using vaio recovery utility. there was warning but i mistakenly ignored that. please help me out for recover my data which is very important for me.

Message was edited by: smartlibra

Message was edited by: smartlibra

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, the Vaio Recovery process formats the C:\ drive before reinstalling the original Sony OS and Applications.  This means everything on the drive will have been destroyed.

You can try talking to a data recovery company for a second opinion but, sadly, I think your data has been lost.  Try Google for some data recovery companies.

Your Vaio is quite new.  Did you generate your data on this laptop or did you transfer from another PC?  If you transferred it onto this Vaio, is the original source still available to you?

:slight_frown:

smartlibra
Visitor

no i didnt transfer that data from any laptop. thanks for ur guidance.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Aalya757
Visitor

At this point I will recommened you to consult with Data recovery Services Expert. They will properly analyse your laptop and will provide you solution.

julia_bell_0830
Explorer

As Blencogo said, when you execute VAIO recovery utility, the VAIO recovery process will destroy all the data on the C: disk. Since there is only one disk (“C:”) on your computer, all data on your VAIO will be lost. Once, due to accidental deletion of important files on my VAIO notebook’s hard drive, I had requested the help of data recovery companies. Although very effective, but too expensive, it took me a few hundred dollars. I suggest you find some professional data recovery tools online, such as data rescue tools. Some users say that the software is very powerful, you can try it. If the data recovery tools can not help you, then the only way is to seek service from data recovery companies.

Note: Since VAIO recovery utility will re-install the operating system and some applications on drive C of the disk, some of the deleted files might have be overwritten. Lost files which are overwritten can not be restored. In other words, some of the deleted files may have been disappeared completely. However, most of the lost files should be preserved in their original places. Good luck to you!

swam_11
Explorer

Hi Buddy the same thing happend to me.

Was you able to recover your dat? how ? please help me about it.

I done factory recovery using ASSIST buttopn on laptop, I thought it will erase only the data  from C Drive, while D and E Drive will remain safe.

After factory recovery, I lost all data, Now I can see only C Drive and no other partitions.

Is it possible to reciover my data from D Drive and E Drive , I dont have back up for that.

Thank you very much.

The same happened to me. I lost all my data, my applications, regristrations etc. In my case the Vaio Care failed to make a backup of the data into the external disk previous to doing the Recovery. It said it would backup about 200Gb of data, asked where to, confirmed the space, but then only 24Mb were copied!

I have a backup of my data, but I will waste days installing everything back again