Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40NX713U and Sony SUB400S sound issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mazboy
Visitor

Sony KDL40NX713U and Sony SUB400S sound issue

I have recently purchased a Sony KDL40NX713U LED TV and Sony SUB400S Speaker Stand.  Initially everything was connected and worked perfectly.  My DVD player was connected via the Scart adapter provided with the TV.  This week i purchased a HDMI cable to use to connect my DVD player to my TV but whenever this is connected i get the error message that there is a connectivity issue with the Sony SUB400S Speaker Stand. 

I have tried connecting the Speaker Stand and DVD player to different HDMI ports but the issue remains.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you know how to get around it?

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi Mazboy,

this is unlikely to be a connection issue but please double check them first, i believe the answer lies in the settings for sound, its likely to need downmixing from dolby digital/dts to pcm the SUB400S is 2.1 (left/right and sub channel).

since this worked fine before and i presume works fine with normal tv, its where HDMI audio out in sound settings where the answer is.

Mazboy
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the response, but i do not think this is the issue.  When i have a HDMI cable connected from a DVD player to the TV it tells me there is a connection issue with the SUB400S, but if i use a Scart cable it all works fine.  I even tried connecting the HDMI Cable into the SUB400S but that has the same issue.