Join now - be part of our community!

Information about auto-on alarms on TVs please

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sarahcowley
Visitor

Information about auto-on alarms on TVs please

I have an old TV in my bedroom which has an auto-on alarm, i.e. I can set the timer to switch it on to wake me in the morning.

Please do any modern TVs have this facility? I cannot find any information about them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

If you go to any Sony Centre and just explain what you want the TV to do - i.e. come on at a specific time, they should be able to advise and demonstrate.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Bravia55HX

sarah,

on the new bravias, you will need to check which ones have it but on my HX923 (when i get it back!) using the EPG (electronic program guide) on the night before you can select a channel and scroll through to say a program for 7.30 in the morning set the timer event (not the HDD record) from the remote then turn it off, in the morning it will come on as if by magic.

you must make sure when looking for a new tv that the model you want supports this, i have a KDL40BX400 on loan at the moment and this does NOT have it (pity!) and thats a late 2010 model,

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i dont know about the auto-on alarms but with the new bravias you can program a timer event to turn the tv on in the mornings.

sarahcowley
Visitor

thanks, that is helpful. I don't what to call it, but just want to know I can set it up to switch TV on at a given time.  Is this a feature of all the bravia TVs please?  What do ask for in the shop as nobody seems to know about it

Catmambo
Contributor

If you go to any Sony Centre and just explain what you want the TV to do - i.e. come on at a specific time, they should be able to advise and demonstrate.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

sarah,

on the new bravias, you will need to check which ones have it but on my HX923 (when i get it back!) using the EPG (electronic program guide) on the night before you can select a channel and scroll through to say a program for 7.30 in the morning set the timer event (not the HDD record) from the remote then turn it off, in the morning it will come on as if by magic.

you must make sure when looking for a new tv that the model you want supports this, i have a KDL40BX400 on loan at the moment and this does NOT have it (pity!) and thats a late 2010 model,

hope this helps.

sarahcowley
Visitor

That's really helpful, thank you.  I will see what the local Sony Centre have to say when I can get there, hopefully this week (no Sunday opening, shame!)