Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

Hi,

After performing the auto speaker calibration and selecting a setting ("Full Flat" for example), this setting is not stored. 

When I switch the receiver off and on again, the speaker calibration setting is ignored, although it still says "Full Flat" in the menu. The sound is as if it was set to "Off".

I need to manually set the setting to "Off" and to "Full flat" to hear the correct speaker calibration.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

193 REPLIES 193
profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

I have no idea what is going on!
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Another 3 weeks. Any news?

Interestingly, Sony Support have decided to go silent in my (unrelated) case and not reply to me following up on it. Maybe that's how they operate?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Ben and rest,

I had a word with the engineers in Japan last week at IFA. They confirmed being able to reproduce the fault on certain devices at the lab. The ticket to correct the fault is opened and the fix for the fault will be included with the next firmware release.

Hopefully this will be welcomed news for our community members too.

@grolschie: It’s not that support doesn’t care, but very often due to whatever reason a deadlock is reached with customers and they don’t have the means to offer you what you ask for. As an example I have read your comments complaining about why the receiver is at fault not enabling the height channels for DTS:X. The correct answer and one that customer service is not in the position to give you, is that you need to inform yourself on the design specifications outlined by the DTS group. There is not such spec for height channels by DTS:X. Height channels are solely a patented spec by Dolby. So at the end of the day it is a matter of managing expectations and properly informing the customer.

Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Thanks @dutchice. The case that I'm referring to about getting no answer from, was actually about the receiver (mine and others) consuming more than 10x the advertised power consumption when on Network Standby mode. At around 31 to 35w! The engineers had been contacted by support weeks ago, but no-one is even replying to my requests for a follow-up on whether they could replicate it.

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Thanks @dutchice.  This is good to hear.  I would love to understand what the issue is at some point, and why it cannot be replicated on all units.

Don't suppose you have any insight into when new FW may drop?...

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

**crickets**

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Still no new FW. Had hoped it would be released about now (around a year now since the last one) if there is an annual update program or something

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Disappointing really, but not entirely unexpected...

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

No update still! 

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Ok, so back in August it was said that Tokyo were working on a fix. It's now November. 🤔