Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

profile.country.DE.title
phil_merge

STR-DN 1080 - Calibration setting not stored

Hi,

After performing the auto speaker calibration and selecting a setting ("Full Flat" for example), this setting is not stored. 

When I switch the receiver off and on again, the speaker calibration setting is ignored, although it still says "Full Flat" in the menu. The sound is as if it was set to "Off".

I need to manually set the setting to "Off" and to "Full flat" to hear the correct speaker calibration.

Thanks for your help!

Phil

193 REPLIES 193
profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Ha, no way! Good luck. Let's see if they get one issue resolved!

Big step for Sony to at least recognise the issue. Strange how it is now
replicable, yet wasn't earlier in this thread...
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

And amazing that you got nowhere until the retailer got involved!

I don't fancy my chances with my case, even though it'd be trivial for Sony techs to measure the power consumption of a unit themselves. I will most likely get a bunch of scripted nonsense to try.
profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

Latest update: still no word...  

This is all now frustrated by the fact my XF90 is now waiting for a warranty repair.  Couldn't make it up - first Sony products in years and faults on both within 8 months of ownership! 

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Thanks for the update. I managed to get Sony to investigate the high power consumption on network standby with the receiver (31 to 35w for me, instead of the advertised 1.5w), but haven't heard anything either.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Hi. Any news? 

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

No news.  (though my XF90 is now fixed!).

I asked the retailer who simply believed testing etc would take some time before roll out.  I am guessing @phil_merge  has given up.

@dutchice - interested to hear your take on this - any more idea why you were unable to replicate the issue but Sony can now?  I understood you were talking to others, so any light you can shed would be appreciated... 

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

Thanks for the update. Good news regarding your XF90.

I'm not surprised re the silence. No reply to my request 11 days ago for an update for my  (unrelated) support ticket.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi all,

From what I understand, there are a number of devices that exhibit this problem due to faulty electronic components. This is the reason why some devices are defective while others aren’t. 

In short, for all of you which are affected by this problem, my only advice would be to return your device to the retailer and ask for an exchange. 

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
Beeper85

How strange!

My unit had all boards replaced, and still has the issue, and I understand
Tokyo is/was working on a SW fix...
profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

This is becoming comical. Well, it would be funny... if it didn't inconvenience the affected owners so much.