Join now - be part of our community!

Sony N2500W is going out the window!

profile.country.GB.title
pennyfarthing
Explorer

Sony N2500W is going out the window!

I am having so many problems and have been for so long I’m getting fed up and it’s going out the window and changing brands unless someone can help please!!!

When I turn the tv/sky/surround system on it doesn’t come up with sky.

I get everything from stuck in TV mode to BD-BDV mode and no sky signal.

it asks for an update, can’t do it, tried via wireless and USB, Sony said to reset to factory settings, didn’t work. Said to unplug and wait, I can’t do that every day/night I want to watch it! There must be a simple fix otherwise it’s build quality and you don’t expect that from Sony.

I am at my wits end and it’s about to go out the window, please help!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here who will be best to help with this issue further. 

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
pennyfarthing
Explorer

The best they could suggest was to unplug it and plug it back it again and restore to factory settings! Highly technical advice, yawn.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

Have you tried it?

profile.country.GB.title
pennyfarthing
Explorer

I have to unplug it most days as it gets stuck when I turn it on. Yes I’ve restored it back to factory settings. The Sony repair centre they recommend from their website is miles away and has awful reviews so don’t want to take it there.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry to hear it hasn't helped. ☹️

I would advise using an authorised repair centre, however its your choice of course :slight_smile:

Are there any local outlets that could give you some advice on it?