Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix issue on Sony Blu Ray player

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Netflix issue on Sony Blu Ray player

Until yesterday all was fine, but I think the Netflix app on my BDP-S7200 Blu Ray player updated, as it asked me to login again, which is usually a sign it has updated.  Is there a way to check versions?

Since then TV programmes that should be displayed 4:3, such as Star Trek Voyager are shown stretched to 16:9.

This worked correctly before yesterday.

I wonder if anyone else has had a simalar issue?

I have my player and TV set to show correct aspect ratios.   This is workign OK since when I try a 4:3 DVD the aspect ratio is still correct.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi CCarmock,

We'll check this and update you as soon as we can.

Meanwhile, you'll find the latest update information for your player here

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi ccarmock, 

I think you're correct. The latest version for this model has been released in March 2019. Most probably, the player has just installed this version. You can also check if it's the latest version from the "System information" section under System settings.

Hope this helps,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Ah thank you I didn't know I would be able to see the Netflix version in there - will check.

I have solved this one now - so in case anyone else is in this situation - whatever happened to the player after this automatic update a setting which has been untouched since it was first installed had changed.   

Under screen - the 4:3 option was set to full and not original.  However the odd thing is that 4:3 DVDs were still playing back correctly as 4:3 and not stretched.

I reset this to original and that has fixed the Netflix issue stretching 4:3 content to 16:9.

I know I had not changed this setting, so can only assume the update affected it.

My player does not have thew netflix link!! How do I add it, please?