Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S360 All discs Invalid After SW update

profile.country.GB.title
cruisenut2001
New

BDP S360 All discs Invalid After SW update

I have an older S360 and it gave an Invalid disc after I tried a new movie. The SD version that came with the BD movie played ok. It never had a SW update so I connected it to the internet and now it's version 11.4.014. Problem now is every BD is having Invalid Disc message. Should I do a Factory Reset and hope for the best? Time to buy a new model? TIA, Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Try the factory reset and let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
cruisenut2001
New

I tried the factory reset, Reset All, and same problem. I took the player to another TV without going through a receiver and same problem. I was thinking maybe it was a copyright code thing. Non-Blue Ray discs play fine. I followed suggestions about turning off 24P, Bright Colors, and Parental Controls. Removed main power for a minute. When I did the reset the SW version stayed at -14 and if this is a firmware issue I guess the player bought the farm. I like the Sony brand, but this is leaving a sour taste for future buys.

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I wonder if you can flash the player with an earlier version of the firmware...