Join now - be part of our community!

view finder on DSC_H400 blurry?

frglynn
New

view finder on DSC_H400 blurry?

So i recently purchased this beautiful bridge camera but thr view finder is incredibly blurry. The monitor screen is perfect but the view finder is really really blurry. How do i fix this!!!

Help!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Midiless

Other than an obstruction or optical issue have you checked the dioptre wheel on the left of the viewfinder housing (as looking through the finder)?  This little wheel is to make adjustments if eg you wear specs  but not when looking through the viewfinder.  Hopefully this will be the simple solution for you.

Hi there,

I also have this problem, but because I am short sighted - my prescription isn't bad, however, and I rather expected it to be compensated for by the adjustment wheel on the left of the viewfinder. If anyone else knows how it can be adjusted for SHORT-SIGHTED people, I'd be very grateful, as all the adjustment capability seems geared towards long-sighted people.

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
ohio77
Explorer

I presume you have set the dioptre contol to suit your vision

Mine is so blurry that even if i press the menu while looking through it, I can't make anything out? The monitor is clear but I don't know what the issue is with the viewfinder.

MickRichards
Explorer

Hi, I have just purchased this camera and have the same problem, the dioptre wheel does not move, is there a control in the menu that locks it , or am I not trying to adjust it correctly, any help would be appreciated.

Mick.

THANK YOU.  The dioptre wheel was my problem!