Shutter speed settings for DSC-HX5

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SIMAN1
Visitor

Shutter speed settings for DSC-HX5

Hi Everyone

This is my first post.

I bought a DSC-HX5 about a month ago and am very happy with it.

I've been reading a little about photography online and would like to have a play with the shutter speed. I cannot work out how to do this and haven't been able to find anything of much help online.

Could anyone help me out?

Whilst I'm here, if anyone has any reccommendations for good sites for tips on how best to use my camera I would be very grateful. The user guide that came with it wasn't the best!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you select "M" on the Mode Dial on the top of the camera, that will select Manual Exposure Shooting.

If you then press the button in the middle of the Control Button, you can manually select the shutter speed from 1/1600 to 30 seconds.

Have a look at Page 31 of your User Guide - you can download a copy from here: -

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4172668121.pdf

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you select "M" on the Mode Dial on the top of the camera, that will select Manual Exposure Shooting.

If you then press the button in the middle of the Control Button, you can manually select the shutter speed from 1/1600 to 30 seconds.

Have a look at Page 31 of your User Guide - you can download a copy from here: -

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4172668121.pdf

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
SIMAN1
Visitor

Ohhh got it, thanks!

I was looking for a super obvious option which was literally called shutter speed. Doh.

Thanks, just got to figure out how it works now :slight_smile:

I was after the same info for my DSC-HX100V and this worked for me too - thank you

My 31-page booklet is sadly lacking in such basic info as this - if Sony are going to produce an idiots camera I thiink they should also produce an idiots guide (we are not all David Bailley). Can I also download such a thing?