Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-RX100 error message: TURN POWER OFF THEN ON HELP!

profile.country.GB.title
Maybelle_gmc
Explorer

DSC-RX100 error message: TURN POWER OFF THEN ON HELP!

Hello 

I've got the message: TURN POWER OFF THEN ON on the screen of my powershot DSC-RX100. 

So far I have tried:

turning power off (waiting 1 minute) and turning power on.

changing SD cards over

taking battery out (waiting 1 minute before replacing)

connecting to pc and upgrading the software on the camera. 

all to no avail. The camera is useless as I can't take any photos or look at anything on the SD card or any of the menu settings. The lens seems to not close properly either when switching off. I have contacted Sony (twice now) with, so far, no response and have tired to find a repair place near me but the map on the sony website doesn't seem to display any where that does repairs (guessing this part of the site isn't working?) 

can anyone help? Much appreciated as this was a gift from a few years back and my partner isn't very impressed that it's not working so the longer this isn't rectified the more I'm in the dog house! 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Maybelle_gmc,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I have passed your comments on to a contact in Sony with the hope that someone from Sony support will contact you..

Please ensure your My Sony contact details are correct..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have received confirmation that someone from Sony support should be in contact with you soon, could you please update this thread once you have been contact..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Maybelle_gmc Hopefully you should have received an email from Sony support regarding repairing your RX100, could you confirm this please??