Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

sanketkhatri97
Visitor

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

Hi there,

My Xperia C4 dual decided to die on me all of a sudden. As described in the subject title, my Xperia C4 dual can't be turned on normally, while when I connect it to power or a computer it simply switches on, flash the SONY title for awhile then goes back off again. All this while the red LED would be on and off in tandem with the SONY screen. Also, prior to this malfunction, I realised that the battery levels were fluctuating a lot: it could be 50% one moment then 30% the next, and then go to 60%, something like that. Then it just died in the way described. I've tried many things, like different permutations of holding the power and volume buttons for different periods of time, removing the SIM card, getting 1 and 3 vibrations, but there would still be no difference. I can't do anything on the PC companion because the computer cannot detect the phone at all.

Hope that I can get some help ASAP, thanks a lot.

21 REPLIES 21
Jonas
Master

Hi @sanketkhatri97, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

Based on the excellent information that you have provided it does sound like it's related to hardware rather than software since you can't power on the phone when its not connected to charger.

Just to make sure that is the case, I would recommend that you try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

PC Companion has been discontinued and your phone does not have to be powered on for you to perform the software repair.

Do note that all data stored on your internal storage will be deleted when performing the software repair and since you can't power on the phone and unlock it, creating a backup is not possible.

If there is no change after you have performed the software repair your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with arranging a repair and answer any questions that you may have regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth.

Let me know how it goes!

sanketkhatri97
Visitor

There is a correction and it is that, my phone  is not power on only during charging, my phone restarts constantly during charging it shows red notification light this light blinks one time and phone restarts SONY's logo appear and then again red light blink and phone restarts, when i remove charger phone starts normaly and also used normaly.

But some time when i use the phone it's battery shows 90% and after few seconds it shows 65% and then every 2 or 3 seconds battery's percentages reduce constantly, at last my phone restarts as i describe above.

I don't reinstall or repair my phone's software because of this type of battery problem as i mentioned above.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @sanketkhatri97!

I understand.

I'm afraid that there isn't much else I can recommend expect for having your device examined at an authorized service centre by a trained technician.

Keep me posted!

roland2
Visitor

what will i do in this case? my phone did not open also

did you fixed this problem?

Jonas
Master

Hi @roland2, sorry to hear about your phone and I'm sorry for the late reply.

Have you had the time to try any of the previous troubleshooting that I have posted in this thread? If you haven't, I'd recommend that you start with charging the device using an original wall mounted charger and the cable that was included together with your phone for 3-4 hours.

Let me know how it went!

Vinicand
Visitor

I'm having the same problem, did someone find the solution?

GT

PsychoM
Visitor

It's a hardware problem. I had the same issue. My phone was repaired under warranty.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Vinicand, sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same behaviour.

Have you had the time to try any of the troubleshooting in this thread? If you haven't, I would recommend doing so!

@PsychoM, sorry to hear that your phone needed to be repaired, however I'm glad to hear that it was covered by our warranty and I hope the phone is operating as it should again!

Sony-c4-user
Visitor

I am having the exact same problem, it would continue to do restart and restart. Slightly_frowning_Face