Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

sanketkhatri97
Visitor

Xperia C4 dual keeps restarting when charging; cannot charge nor switch on during charging

Hi there,

My Xperia C4 dual decided to die on me all of a sudden. As described in the subject title, my Xperia C4 dual can't be turned on normally, while when I connect it to power or a computer it simply switches on, flash the SONY title for awhile then goes back off again. All this while the red LED would be on and off in tandem with the SONY screen. Also, prior to this malfunction, I realised that the battery levels were fluctuating a lot: it could be 50% one moment then 30% the next, and then go to 60%, something like that. Then it just died in the way described. I've tried many things, like different permutations of holding the power and volume buttons for different periods of time, removing the SIM card, getting 1 and 3 vibrations, but there would still be no difference. I can't do anything on the PC companion because the computer cannot detect the phone at all.

Hope that I can get some help ASAP, thanks a lot.

21 REPLIES 21
Kevijun
Visitor

I found the solution after experiencing the same problem for a while, sony put a bad battery connector on c4 version, the place where it attaches to the motherboard becames loose over time or sometimes expands when it heats up during charging,  my advice if your not under warranty, find something to press it down and keep it there.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Kevijun, thank you so much for this information and I hope that will help any user experiencing this and as you said, only do this on your own if the device is not within warranty!

Thanks again and have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face