Join now - be part of our community!

i have problem problem with phone updating

SOLVED
Andrianov
Visitor

i have problem problem with phone updating

I have tried to update my "sony xperia c" with "sony pc companion". I did everything i need for update  but just about in the middle of install i saw the error. I pressed "retry" over and over but i saw error again. So after this i decided to restart my phone but i could not do it because my phone stopped working. When i had tried to turn it on i saw the SONY title on the phone screen. Reset does not help. - it turns off but when it turns on except the "sony" nothing happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Try to perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thommo
Genius

Try to perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Andrianov
Visitor

SONY text disappeared but installation did not go to third step

Thommo
Genius

Keep trying - It should work - Another member yesterday had to try a few times before it worked

Andrianov
Visitor

Thank you very much! Service could not fix this problem and then i did it by your advice. After many times it worked!
thank you, man!

Thommo
Genius

No problem