Join now - be part of our community!

Data Storage overloads itself

SOLVED
UtopianFreak
Visitor

Data Storage overloads itself

So i hace the following problem with the Xperia C:
The data storage of the phone and memory card keeps overloading itself what i mean is that for an unknown reason it increasingly uses storage space without me downloading from my pc or the internet. The results is very little space becomes availible, files get corrupted and my phone slows down.

Phone Status: external storage 4GIG sd card (new san disc sd card), internal storage 1,2 GiG, phone was reset to factory settings about 8 hours ago and both memory areas formatted. AVG anti virus Pro Protected

Description of behaviour: I will plug the phone into my PC (which is virus free AVG Protected) the launch the Media go application and move some songs accross about 50, i will disconect my phone and play the music and very shortly after that when i access my phone to try play the music again the songs will jump in bit rate the rerepeat the last 2 seconds this is then followed by the phone swallowing up its own memory then i am left with almost no space on the phone and memory card with corrupt files.

Notes: I have only had the phone for about 8 days, only downloaded from apps from play store.

If anyone can please assist me as soon as possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UtopianFreak
Visitor

I took out the memory card just used the phone as normal and it seems to be working fine.

Is the a micro SD card problem with these phones, i tried a 2 gig and a 4gig card and both gave me the above problem. are the cards to big for the phones?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Have you updated lately,after you got your phone?It is clearly you do not have a virus,if you say you use antivirus and it is a new phone.

alexdon
UtopianFreak
Visitor

Yes I have done a full up date of all the factory apps
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Force restart the phone(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates).

alexdon
UtopianFreak
Visitor

Ok I just did that and the following behaviour occucs: some icons are moved out of there folders, it is a mixture of icons both saved on the phone and the ad card, artwork of songs no longer appear while some songs do not work displaying " cannot play song ".
UtopianFreak
Visitor

I meant sd card. The're was a picture that i took including the standard factory photos are either displayed as rectangular picture with a crooked lined across it with an explanation mark inside a triangle on the top right.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Repair phone software with sony update service.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

alexdon
UtopianFreak
Visitor

This has not worked and i'm overly p@#$%^%$^% off now, spent over R300 on data and it does exactly the same!!!
I feel like taking this piece of S#$% to the closest sony shop and demanding my money back!

UtopianFreak
Visitor

I moved from black berry to Sony and still have crap!
I'm just really frustrated because i spent a lot of money on data, phone covers and purchasing anti viruses et cetera and the device is not even coming close to my expections by not working on a basic items such as music or pictures.

UtopianFreak
Visitor

I took out the memory card just used the phone as normal and it seems to be working fine.

Is the a micro SD card problem with these phones, i tried a 2 gig and a 4gig card and both gave me the above problem. are the cards to big for the phones?